We have had repeated cases of JIRA users not receiving email notifications. Specific cases have been reported most frequently for the Issue Commented event, which include the Current Assignee, the Reporter, All Watchers, the Project Lead, as well as our PM Group. The users who have reported not receiving notifications are were either Watchers or Reporters on the associated issues.
Our corporate email system is Google Apps.
Ok, email cases is all about narrowing down the possibilities.
First of all, if you know a user that is not being notified, you should go to the mail logs and see if you find something.
- is the user receiving other emails from JIRA?
- are other people associated to the issue being notified?
- is the user settings ok? Sometimes, they disable the "notify my own changes" option
- is the user not being notified only when he is a watcher? what if he is the assignee?
- is there permissions that would block this user of receiving notifications?
Again, logs are your friend :)
Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.Learn more
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG