jiraLicenseService should not be null

So I am trying to deploy JIRA on my local server (IBM WAS 8.5) and I get the following message....

jiraLicenseService should not be null

Now I know WAS isn't totally supported but this looks like it is having problems communicating with the liscense server. My company has a prozy for http requests so that is what I think it might be currently. Does anyone have any ideas?

2 answers

Ok problem #1 was solved by choosing new instead of built in Database, however, this seems to still be an issue per this new error....

[9/16/13 12:24:09:295 EDT] 000005c4 SystemOut O 2013-09-16 12:24:09,295 QuartzScheduler_Worker-1 WARN ServiceRunner RemotePluginLicenseNotificationPluginJob-job [atlassian.upm.notification.PluginLicenseNotificationCheckerImpl] Automatic license update check failed: com.atlassian.upm.mac.HamletException: org.apache.http.conn.ConnectTimeoutException: Connect to marketplace.atlassian.com:443 timed out

Ok I needed to do a couple things

1.) this was a new database instead of the built in. I figured that would be the oppisite and the the built in would create the tables etc. This was not a valid assumption, once switched it got past this issue.

2.) had to configure the proxy per...

Still getting an exception though, for example when I go to the default url it forwards to dashboard and I see the following exception in the logs (sorry in advance work blocks pastebin)....

Caused by: org.apache.velocity.exception.MethodInvocationException: Invocation of method 'json' in class com.atlassian.gadgets.dashboard.internal.velocity.DashboardEmbedder threw exception java.lang.NullPointerException at /dashboard.vm[line 182, column 36]

at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTMethod.handleInvocationException(ASTMethod.java:337)

at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTMethod.execute(ASTMethod.java:284)

at org.apache.velocity.runtime.parser.node.ASTReference.execute(ASTReference.java:262)

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.ofbiz.core.entity.jdbc.SQLProcessor.prepareStatement(SQLProcessor.java:525)

at org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDAO.selectListIteratorByCondition(GenericDAO.java:1040)

at org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDAO.selectByAnd(GenericDAO.java:608)

at org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericHelperDAO.findByAnd(GenericHelperDAO.java:131)

at org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDelegator.findByAnd(GenericDelegator.java:788)

at org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDelegator.findByAnd(GenericDelegator.java:773)

at org.ofbiz.core.entity.GenericDelegator.findByAnd(GenericDelegator.java:750)

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Maarten Cautreels
Posted Thursday in Off-topic

Friday Fun: What's your favourite beer/drink

As a Belgian, beer-lover and home brewer, beer is one of my great passions. I love the fact that with just a few ingredients (usually just water, hop and malt) you can create so many different tastes...

281 views 38 9
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot