issue with jira two dimensional filter not working for version 3.13

suryavani bhallamudi July 15, 2012

It is showing error when a custom field (Select List) is selected.

11 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 17, 2012

A lot of the functions in Jira are provided by plugins. When you install Jira, it includes a whole load of plugins as standard, including many of the reports, the custom field types, views of issues and so-on. Those bundled or "system" plugins are the ones I think of as "Atlassian" because they wrote them, and bundled them into Jira. Non-Atlassian plugins are all the ones from the marketplace that you may have installed for some reason, or ones you've written yourself.

I'm not suggesting you upgrade to fix this, I'm just pointing out that you may need to upgrade in order to get help from Atlassian (as I'm stuck)

0 votes
suryavani bhallamudi July 17, 2012

Can you plz help i do not want to updrade the jira as of now want to know the resolution without migration as well plz let me know what do you mean by Non atlassian plug in?

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 15, 2012

Ok, I'm stuck - there's definitely a problem with select lists and the portlet, but I can't see what it is. I can't replicate it on the 3.13 I've got here, so there's something in your system that is different from standards.

Could you list all the non-Atlassian plugins you have installed, there may be something in there, but I'm not hopeful.

I'm afraid your only option might be to upgrade as 3.13 isn't supported any more. You might still want to try raising a call with Atlassian, in case they do recognise the problem (but if they don't, they'll advise upgrading)

0 votes

We had done the reindexing yesterday only and the field name is Sprint Iteration Number

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 15, 2012

Hmm. Could you tell us what the name of the field is? It looks like it's struggling with that, or possibly the indexing of it - is there a chance you could try re-indexing the system at some point?

0 votes

(Jiraerror.txt) Its a single select list and it happens always plz check i am attaching the full error report which i am getting after adding

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 15, 2012

Ok, so it looks like select lists. Is it single-select lists, or multi-select, or both? Is it consistent (i.e. always breaks) or does it happen at random

What does your log say (you've posted a partial error, which is useful, but a copy of the full output might tell us more)

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 15, 2012

That's a slight improvement. Now the rest - how have you set up the filter, the gadget and the custom field?

We're probably most interested in the custom field - what type is it? Does the gadget work if you select a different field but the same filter?

0 votes

I have created a filter for a project the filter doesnt work if i select field named Sprint Iteration no which is a select list with values like

Sprint1,Sprint 2....Sprint 12

If i select any other field the filter works fine. Is anything wrong with the particular field?

There are few more fields for which same error comes the field type being select list.

0 votes

Can you plz help me now i am attaching the error which i am getting when i am trying to add the portlet.PlZ let me know if any further information required.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
July 15, 2012

That's a bit like telling your mechanic "my car doesn't work", but not bothering to tell him any more - you can't expect him to fix it without any information, like whether it's a blown tyre, low on petrol, driven into a tree...

What's the error, what do your logs say and how have you set up the filter, the gadget and the custom field?

Suggest an answer