is it possible to use a sql-like syntax to update multiple jira records?

Doug Stone
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 24, 2012

Hi. We have a field "Build Number". I would like to change, for instance, all instances of 11.05.31 in the Build Number column to 110531. I know we can make this change in Bulk Update, but that method would take far too long because there are many changes needed. Is there a sql-like syntax that I might use? I would simply change the syntax for each Build Number and execute. Thanks.

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2012

There is no "legal" method that is going to be faster than a bulk update.

You could use the jira CLI but that would be slower, or use a groovy script or plugin, but that's probably more work than you want. Fastest is sql but then you need to reindex jira.

Bob Swift OSS (Bob Swift Atlassian Apps)
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 24, 2012

Yes, legally, you should use JCLI setFieldValue inside of a runFromIssueList action

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events