hcatalog queries to checking data from a remote server , where data is stored in hadoop server

shashank May 18, 2015

Hi till now we were using Hive queries for checking data count, max(date) type of values using hive queries from hadoop  but, when ever I executed the hive query the yarn used to get to 100% and other jobs which run at that time of execution in server are not getting executed. so Now i want to run "Hcatalog queries" to get data like "select count(*) from tablename or select max(date) from tablename" from hadoop DB without using HIVE queries. We login to remote server through other servers in between.

So kindly do any one know/have an idea on how to write the Hcatalog or other queries to read data from Hadoop in a remote server. Its imp/urgent now for me, kindly see ways to resolve this issue.

1 answer

0 votes
BDQ November 6, 2015

Hi, did you get anywhere with this? We have a plugin (DataQA for JIRA) that is designed to check external data from within JIRA, and it currently works with JDBC. We'd be interested to know if supporting Hadoop would be helpful.

Suggest an answer