format a misc date field

werner kolze March 24, 2015

is there a way to format a misc field which gets the timestamp from a transition

I am getting the transition time for when the issue was pushed into the next state

This is, I want to record when the user pushed the button for transition 211

I achieved this with a JIRA Misc customfield defined as  Transition Date/Time Field

the formula I am using: 

<!-- @TransitionId: 211 -->

it shows its defined as Date Range Picker

it does work and it does show on the screen, but it shows: Yesterday -

when I hoover with the mouse over it on the view screen,  I get the correct date and time displayed - 

The preferred format is,  to show the date as: dd-MM-yyyy  HH:MM

is there a way to do this? 

thanks so much in advance

2 answers

0 votes
David _old account_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2015

It isn't currently possible to specify a format for the transition date/time field. However, as a workaround, you can create a calculated date/time field to hold the value of the transition date/time field and use @@Format on it.

werner kolze March 26, 2015

Could you please provide a more elaborate example? - I looked in the documentation about it and it only leads to an example how to palce some text onto the lefhand side. Thanks a lot

renaud staessens February 15, 2017

do you have a sample i'm quite interesting in the syntax . I'd like to calculate the difference between now() and created time of an issue but the sampel provided is very basic...

0 votes
werner kolze March 25, 2015

I also found this - https://innovalog.atlassian.net/browse/JMCF-51 but no resolution was ever published - as far as I can see.

Suggest an answer