format a misc date field

is there a way to format a misc field which gets the timestamp from a transition

I am getting the transition time for when the issue was pushed into the next state

This is, I want to record when the user pushed the button for transition 211

I achieved this with a JIRA Misc customfield defined as  Transition Date/Time Field

the formula I am using: 

<!-- @TransitionId: 211 -->

it shows its defined as Date Range Picker

it does work and it does show on the screen, but it shows: Yesterday -

when I hoover with the mouse over it on the view screen,  I get the correct date and time displayed - 

The preferred format is,  to show the date as: dd-MM-yyyy  HH:MM

is there a way to do this? 

thanks so much in advance

2 answers

I also found this - but no resolution was ever published - as far as I can see.

It isn't currently possible to specify a format for the transition date/time field. However, as a workaround, you can create a calculated date/time field to hold the value of the transition date/time field and use @@Format on it.

Could you please provide a more elaborate example? - I looked in the documentation about it and it only leads to an example how to palce some text onto the lefhand side. Thanks a lot

do you have a sample i'm quite interesting in the syntax . I'd like to calculate the difference between now() and created time of an issue but the sampel provided is very basic...

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Louis De Jaeger
Posted yesterday in Off-topic

Friday fun: your best joke

Hi all Lets make this Friday fun really fun and post one (or more) of your best jokes! The joke can be about an Atlassian product, or just a really fun joke you want to share! I’m not the best j...

154 views 12 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot