event listener tutorial does not work with JIRA 7.1.0

Reagan Penner March 1, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Developer Documentation: Tutorial - Writing JIRA event listeners with the atlassian-event library

Hello,

I am new to JIRA plugin development. I am currently playing with the event listener plugin trying to ramp up on event listeners as well as logging debug messages.

I am at step 5. of the tutorial where we create a project and an issue and then resolve the issue. This should produce log messages based on the event listener however, I am not seeing any log messages for the creation or the resolution of an issue.

Note the tutorial refers to creating software development type project but these are no longer available in JIRA 7so I create a Project Management of Business type project.

I have checked to ensure that the plugin is actually enabled and it is. Also I reviewed the Logging and Profiling screen to ensure that the com.example.tutorial.plugins logging level is set to DEBUG which it is.

I am at a loss of how to further debug this event listener issue. Any debug suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Is there a JIRA 7 version of this event listener tutorial:?

thanks!

-reagan

1 answer

0 votes
Andrew
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 1, 2016

Hi Reagan,

Sorry I don't have a solution for you, but I've raised a ticket for it: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-60033 

I had a quick look through the tutorial myself and checked our change management guide for 7.0 and 7.1. I can't see any obvious changes that would stop this tutorial from working. Please watch the ticket linked above. We'll test the tutorial fully when we have time and update the ticket accordingly. 

Regards,
Andrew 

Volodymyr Krupach
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 28, 2016

The linked tutorial is for JIRA 5.0 smile

Suggest an answer