enter ID in field, let Jira query external API to lookup + fill out additional fields

Maybe this question has been addressed many times before. If so: apologies!

I would like to (using Jira Core on local server):

• use a screen that has multiple fields. E.g.: userid, first name, last name, homepage URL.
  • as soon as the user has entered the userid field, I would like the system to use a predefined REST API call to an external system to return a JSON with the first name, last name and homepage values.
  • fill out the associated Jira fields using these JSON values.
  • optional: modify the summary field, e.g. "[last name] <original summary>"
  • optional: if there was a successful lookup then these additional fields can be made read-only (if not found then the user should be able to enter these additional fields manually)

I checked the marketplace but was not sure if there was an add-on that covers this functionality. We have resources available that can develop. 

0 answers

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Marketplace Apps

Tips on how to choose the best estimation method for your planning

Planning and grooming sessions all come with their own sets of rules. Team members meet to estimate stories or other work items, all according to an agreed-upon process. And with every session comes ...

77 views 0 11
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you