deactivate or deleting users in a group

I want to deactivate or delete users with a kind of e-mai Domain.

For example.

In the Group jira-users are 400 user active with diffrent e-mail domains (@123.com; @456.com; etc.)

Now i want to deactivate or delete all users in the jira-users group with the e-mail: "dom@456.com". There are about 160 users, that i don`t want to deactivate or delete one by one.

I can do it directly on in the db with sql statment in the cwd-user table, but i dont know what happens and if it is really clean!

So i want to know it there exist an possibility with the jira tools or plugins.

Thank you

Best regrads

Paddy

2 answers

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi! Here someone asked this question and it has a pretty good answer I think:

https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/35002/does-jira-have-a-bulk-delete-user-function

Hope this helps!

I can't tell you to do that directly in the database, it's highly not recommended and can happen many things. Maybe you could create a support issue in support.atlassian.com in order to know your possibilities.

I've made myself some changes in the database for customfields, is very unpredictable.

Thank you Mr. Pointis,

but with the possibility for multi select you don`t have the possibility to select the Email domain?

How about deleting directly in the db (cwd_users)???

What can go wrong or what i have to delete!

Thank you!

Oops I didn't saw the huge On Demand top label! :P

Thomas Schlegel Community Champion Jul 29, 2012

Since you have the onDemand-Version of Jira, you cannot delete anything from the database. And even if you had a locally installed version, I would not do something like that.

This widget could not be displayed.

Sorry, it`s my mistake.

I have the local installation.

Thanks for help, so I have to delete one by one :-(((

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted an hour ago in Statuspage

What are your best incident management tips and stories? #HugOps

👋Community members! Downtime happens. And great incident response takes a village. Teams like Support, Dev, SRE, Ops, IT, and Marketing have to come together to resolve the problem while keep...

9 views 0 2
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you