fabby February 3, 2012

in look and feel configuration ,it configurate like follows:

<th width="30%"> </th><th width="30%">Format</th><th width="40%">Example</th>
Time Format h:mm a 8:47 PM
Day Format EEEE h:mm a Saturday 8:47 PM
Complete Date/Time Format dd/MMM/yy h:mm a 04/Feb/12 8:47 PM
Day/Month/Year Format dd/MMM/yy 04/Feb/12
Use ISO8601 standard in Date Picker OFF

and at " CSV Import" step,i set " Date format in import file" to "dd/MMM/yy h:mm a".

ater import finished . the field "Due Date" is empty,it is not imported from csv file .

1.the value of Due Date displayed in csv file is like "2-Feb-12",

but when i double clike the cell,its value change to "2012-2-2"

2.when i open this csv file with notepad ,the value format is like "2-Feb-12"

it wonders me.i don't know how to set " Date format in import file" while importing data from csv file.

welcome for your suggestions!

3 answers

5 votes
Wojciech Seliga
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2012

Hi,

While importing dates from CSV the format specified in JIRA Look & Feel configuration does not really matter.

Importer respects only the format specified in the import wizard. Look & Feel configuration decides only how dates/times are displayed by your JIRA instance (e.g. when the dates are successfully imported to JIRA on your Issue Navigator or view issue screen).

If you specified "dd/MMM/yy h:mm a" as your date format for your CSV file, then CSV expects your dates to follow EXACTLY this format - i.e. you have to specify both date AND time (as you included time part with "h:mm a") - e.g. the valid date in your CSV would be "02/Feb/12 6:25 AM". So please note that you also have to use "/" character in your data part (as delimiter) instead of "-" which you have in your file.

Spreadsheet programs (like Excel or Calc) may mislead you when they display the data from CSV as they additionally apply formatting on the raw values. So always open CSV file in a simple text editor (like notepad) and see the real format of date/time used there. (as you did in point 2). If you have "2-Feb-12" in your file, I would go for "dd-MMM-yy" as the date format specified in CSV import wizard.

I hope it helps,

Wojtek

0 votes
Michael Ko October 20, 2014

Mr. Wojciech Seliga

Thank you for your explanation.

It was very helpful.

0 votes
Bud Herz March 13, 2014

Woo hoo!

Solved the problem with the help of this explanation!

Suggest an answer