can I create a new user with an email validator? I need to have only unique email addresses.

can I create a new user with an email validator? I need to have only unique email addresses.

1 answer

Hey Bryan,

Interesting, I had thought JIRA would stop such a silly thing from happenening, but the admin console at least doesnt stop it.

The basic mail handlers do a user lookup from the sender of the email so it should not be possible to do that from email, do you have a case where this is a problem?

JEMH also does a lookup, pre 1.0 also contained a feature to disambiguate email addresses (where say in a corporate network, LDAP contains mulitple email accounts that are owned by a common user id, and that user id is the 'name' of the user to be created), but I havent quite got to re-implementing LDAP yet. the implementation then was pluggable, but at a code level. I can see pluggable validators (or even scripted validators) as part of JEMH.

I think this is a question that has a 'you dont need to do that' (with caveats). If you have a scenario where this is a problem, please elaborate.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published yesterday in Hipchat

Moving from Hipchat to Stride? Here’s what you’ll love

Heya, Hipchat friends! We’re so happy you’re checking out   Stride. Whether you know it or not, you have been instrumental in making Stride come to life. Every feature, design, and functionality...

68 views 2 6
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you