Why issues still show in Task Board after they've been released?

Darla Brown July 5, 2012

I have released several issues from the Rapid Board. Then when I view them in the Task Board, they are still there? Now I have over 300 issues in the Done column. Why don't they leave? I've tried re-releasing them several times, but a new release title just gets added and nothing changes.

4 answers

0 votes
Renjith Pillai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 28, 2012

Rapid board and Task board actually have nothing in common. They both behave as per their configuration of the columns. In case of Rapidboard the filters and status mapping affects the display while in Task board the context and status configuration. Also while Taskboard depends on FixVersion, Rapidboard has not relation to that and uses Sprint field for the sprint mapping.

Given that context, a sprint completion in Rapidboard does necessarily not mean that the issue disappears from Taskboard.

0 votes
Felix Grundmann July 26, 2012

Two options I would suggest.

1) When opening a task board you have several filters on top of your task board. On the left top of your screen you will see your Jira Project name followed by a filter name (e.g. "On the fly"). Below there are three filters that are depending on each other.

First one should be Task Board in your case. The second filter (to the right of "Task Board") is reserved for the version. Make sure that is set to the Version you would like to get displayed on your screen, e.g. "Unscheduled". Finally, there is a filter for assignees.

I assume that you should change the version filter to get your result.

2) In the task board configuration you can apply some additional filter options. For instance, you can tell Jira to filter for a certain resolution. This can be applied to any column. So, maybe you want to filter for issues that have NO explicit resultion set so far, independent of their fix version.

Update: There is even a third option.

3) I assume that you are using the default value for your Task Board like "On the fly". Go to "On the fly" and click the arrow that is to the right of this subject. When you click "Manager" you will see a screen with different configuration options. Go to "Filter". Check your filter -> maybe it is using "None".

So, you should create a new filter first that is filtering for all issues that are not versioned yet. Apply your Task Board to this filter.

0 votes
Jakub Pierzchała
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2012

Hi Darla,

For which version are you viewing the Task Board?

0 votes
Deleted user July 6, 2012

Could you explain a little more? How are you trying to release the issues? Did you try marking the version they are assigned to as "Released"?

Darla Brown July 6, 2012

Yes I released the issues in the Rapid board, return to the Task board, the issues are still there. I then go into Administration > Versions and release the issues there. Return to the task board, the issues are still in the Done column.

Suggest an answer