Why do I not receive notifications

sagiv freimark
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 25, 2014

Hi,

I created a new project with workflow. One of the transitions fires event that supose to send me email notification. I do not receive any notification. I have followed the instructions here:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/ONDEMANDKB/Not+Receiving+Email+Notifications+in+JIRA+OnDemand

but nothing heped. Any Ideas?

Sagiv

3 answers

0 votes
sagiv freimark
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
May 26, 2014

Hi all,

Thanks a lot for your help.

I have turned on the "notify me" and the event fires email to me.

I change the event to send email to someone else, and he got it. So I checked my email adress there, and Im embarrassed to say that it was wrong email :)

I havn't though that it might be the problem becauese I have got in the past confermation email from JIRA.

Thanks a lot anyway for your help!

Sagiv

0 votes
Sri Kanth May 25, 2014

Also can you check your user profile settings. There is an option there I remember where you can turn off emails (not sure how this works exactly, but knew this option exists).

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2014

You are probably thinking of the "do not email me on my own changes"

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2014

Problem here is that "nothing helped" does not help us. You haven't given us the information about the actual tests you've run while trying to debug this, so we have to ask you them all over again.

Please re-check the settings. Yes, you've got an event being fired, but are you 100% sure that the notification scheme definitely says "on this event, email Sagiv"? And, if you are testing, you have NOT got "email me on my own changes" turned off.

Are there errors in the log? What happens if you try the test email to yourself? Are other people getting email for the event? Are other events sending email ok?

Suggest an answer