While importing CSV to Agile Project, I am unable to map Epic Name.

Hitesh Shah December 18, 2012

I am importing excel backlog with EPIC and User Stories. I am unable to map Epic Name on imported Epic. Because of that, I am unable to add Epic/Theme labels to Stories.

2 answers

1 vote
Faisal
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 30, 2012

Hi Hitesh,

From the description here, I understand that Epic links are not imported along when importing Epic and Stories from a CSV file, can you kindly confirm this? If this is true, then I am afraid that it may not be possible to import Epic Links from CSV file at the current moment. There's a related bug report raised to address this issue, you may kindly refer to it for more details on the matter:
- https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/GHS-6995

Hence at the moment, I would advise you to watch the bug report for future updates on the matter, and feel free to drop your comment there if you have any further feedback on this behavior.

Therefore as a current workaround for us, I am afraid that you may have to add the Epic links in the imported Stories manually after importing the data.

I hope that this will clarify the matter.

Cheers.

0 votes
Shradha Singh July 23, 2014

Hi Ahmad

At my compny we are using JIRA v6.1.7 and JIRA Agile v6.4.2. We have to do an activity where we have to migrate a single project from Test instance to Prod JIRA instance. We are facing a problem while importing Epic Links. They are not getting imported. We are usign following steps. After doing all these below steps when we check "Details" section of Epic , we cant find any Epic Links there. Are we supposed to create them manually ??

1. 1. Go to JIRA Agile board on TEST set up

3. 2. Filter issues as per Project=”XYZ”

a. List of issues will appear

b. Sort them in ascending or descending order of Rank.

i. Issues will be imported in the same order because of this step.

4. 3. Export them into a .csv file

a. Make relevant changes to the .csv file like

i. Delete unused columns

ii. No need to change key, it will be imported same in Prod instance

5. 4. Login to prod JIRA

6. 5. Create a Project with same name and same key as that in Dev

7. 6. Start import

8. 7. Make configuration changes: Map fields

9. 8. Import will be done

Suggest an answer