Which post function should I choose for Greenhopper Issue Burndown chart?

Miki Yuzawa June 10, 2012

Hi,

I did create a custom workflow in my project, and I realized that the Greenhopper Issue Burndown chart is not showing correct data. I assume that I need to set a correct post fuction in the worflow.

Which particular post function in order to see correct data in the Greenhopper Issue Burndown chart? "Issue Closed" or "Issue Resolved"??

Regards,

Miki

2 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 11, 2012

I mean exactly what I say - the users enter data, the report runs, it looks at the data the users put in.

The green line has gone up because the data entered shows that you're not resolving stuff in the sprint, or stuff is being added in that balances out the stuff being done. We'd need to see the data you've been putting in to explain exactly what's going on.

Without that though, all I can suggest is you look at the data it's working from for yourself. I'd check that resolutions are being set as issues are resolved and that the story points field has the right data in it (that's the standard name, you may be using something else, check the project's reporting settings)

Miki Yuzawa June 11, 2012

What status "Remaiing Values" (green line) is based on? When an issue is closed or resolved, the number decrease?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 11, 2012

It's based on the issues in the "done" column. If your data is correct on the issues, then it might be that your greenhopper task columns are incorrect and you've got closed and/or resolved in the wrong columns.

Miki Yuzawa June 12, 2012

Are talking about Rapid Board. I do not use Rapid board, so I did not create any board and start sprint in that feature.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 12, 2012

No, the graph you've got there is Issue Burndown chart, where the green line represents the issues being moved into the "done" column. I'm not sure why you've mentioned the rapid board, that's not what we were talking about.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
June 10, 2012

Um, no, you shouldn't need any post-functions to get the burndown chart. It's based on the data in the issues, as entered by the users. You *could* modify the data deliberately with post-functions, but you would only do that if the users are not entering it already, or you've got a system where you're logging differently and need some form of conversion process.

I think a more useful approach would be for you to explain what your Burndown chart is showing you, give the configuration details, and then explain why you think it is wrong?

Miki Yuzawa June 11, 2012

Hi Nic,

Thank you for your answer.

"It's based on the data in the issues, as entered by the users." <-- can you please explain what this means? My users were entered all tasks and updated the status as they were told.

(Please refer attachd screenshot of Sprint Burndown chart)

The team resolved 42 issues within the sprint. I expected that the green line went down. Not up. Why this happens?

Thank you ,
MIki

Suggest an answer