Using auto-complete in custom field - how to?

Hi All,

in our Jira instance we have up to 300 projects.

When the project leads need to assign users to their project(s) they submit an issue for the admins and give the details of the users and the appropriate projects. There is a custom field for this purpose called 'Which project?' where the project leads define to which project they need the user.

Now this custom field is a free text field. The proble is that there are a plenty of projects that have very similar names. It came to mind that can be achieved an auto-complete custom field for this purpose?

The requester starts typing the project name or project key and the auto-complete function shows them the choices?

What do you think?

Can you please suggest?

Thanks in advance!

Rumi

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi, are you referring to the user needing to select a project in JIRA from a customer field? There is a Project Picker custom field for this.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Teamwork

What teamwork quotes inspire you?

Hey everyone! My name is Natalie and I'm an editor of the Atlassian Blog and I've got a question for you: What's your favorite quote about teamwork?  We've compiled a list here, along with...

87 views 13 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you