Upgrade from v4.2#587

Jeremy Stewart February 6, 2013

I just wanted a quick clarification on the upgrade path from a rather old installation at version v4.2 build #587 on Windows. The upgrade documentation is a bit hazy on pre-4.3 installs, only referring me to the manual install process. I don't have any issue going with the manual install but I wanted to be sure I was doing things in the right order. Is it alright to skip directly from v4.2#587 to the newest 5.2.5 installer? A lot of software of this nature requires intermediate patches be installed along the way so I wanted to be careful about skipping major releases without double checking first. Is there a better upgrade path than going v4.2#587 -> 5.2.5? If I manually installed 4.3 first would it then enable me to simply run the 5.2.5 installer and chose the upgrade option from there? Are there any benefits/drawbacks to that? Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 6, 2013

I have recently performed an upgrade from 4.1 version to 5.0 directly (without the recommended intermediate step at 4.3/4.4) and it went fine.

What I would recommend you is to perform it via the traditional xml export from old version and import on to the new version and that should work fine for you.

Rahul

Suggest an answer