Unknown project in permissions error message - "17400"

Jane Sherman January 20, 2016

I have a user who''s using JIRA in an unconventional fashion - she's created a board based on a label  "Label = X".

"X" is used on multiple projects and in order to manage the Sprints, she needs project admin rights to all of the projects with that label.    

Forget why she's doing it - I owe her a more conventional option - but she's getting a permissions error message that has a project listed that doesn't make sense:

The message says she needs Project Admin rights to "Open Source, Manager, Passcode, Tier3, Dashboard, 17400, Web Infrastructure, Microsite Infrastructure,  Inventory, Shared Web UI Components"

She's seen this before and it's when she adds a label to an issue in a new project.   I solve it (for the short term) by granting her project admin rights to the new project.

But what the heck is 17400?   It's not in the list of projects.   Could it be some internal id?    I've looked at all of the issues with the label and they are covered by all of the other projects in the list in the error message.

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jeremy Gaudet
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 20, 2016

My guess would be the ID in the database; perhaps there's a project without proper metadata.  You could craft a URL to try and edit it, like so:

https://jira/secure/project/EditProject!default.jspa?pid=17400

I'd be curious to see if that generates another error, or gives you more insight as to the project's details.

Jane Sherman January 20, 2016

Bingo Jeremy!   That worked.   Thanks for the quick solution.   We have a Permission Scheme that hides projects from non-admins - essentially removing all permissions.    This was recommended in some documentation - perhaps from Atlassian - as a sort of archive function.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2016

I'd say it's a deleted project - the board stores the project list by the ids.  When it tells you about them, it looks up the names in the project table.  It can't do that for a deleted project, so it spits out the ID instead.

Suggest an answer