Unable to update the Project People Page

Richard Buchanan August 14, 2012

I am unable to update either the 'Users' or 'Groups' column in the Project People page. Every time I try the in-progress icon spins, but nothing happens. There is nothing relevant I can see in the logs.

I log in as a System Administrator (who is a member a new group called 'jira-systemadministrators' which has the 'JIRA System Administrator' global permission - Also a member of the default 'jira-users' group.

I tried setting jira.ajax.autocomplete.userpicker.limit=50000 in the jira-config.properties, but this made no difference.

I am a little unsure of what happens behind the scenes when in the user picker I try to add a specific user to a role - Is that querying my enterprise corporate directory? However I also cannot remove or add a group so not sure if that is relevant.

I have attached my corporate directory configuration ('X' out url and sid). The process of logging in, authenticating password and copying down users groups for the first time does work fine so I don't really understand why I can't add a user to a project role.

Any help would be much appreciated as this is delaying our first rollout, cheers Rich...

1 answer

0 votes
Richard Buchanan August 19, 2012

Turned out it was our incorrect Apache configuration not permitting 'PUT' requests.

No clear logs or errors so was a bit tricky to identify.

EG. RewriteCond %{REQUEST_METHOD} !^(GET|POST|HEAD|PUT)$

Suggest an answer