Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to add user to site-admins group

Waqar Javaid July 13, 2015

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Manage users and groups

I am a site-admin but unable to add another user to site-admins group. I click "Add" button, type in the user (or select from suggestion list) and click "Add user" to save it. I see a spinner next to Cancel button for 1-2 seconds and nothing happens.

I then went to Users, clicked the desired user and then "Add Group" button. I searched "site-admins" group but again it would not let me add it. I see the spinner for 1-2 seconds and nothing happens. There is no error message shown either.

1 answer

0 votes
Giuliano C.
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 14, 2015

Hi Waqar, 

May we know if you are using any kind of external directories (such as LDAP and AD)? Sometimes, when we can't update the info for the users, it could be related to the directory not allowing Confluence to edit it, only inside the directory configuration itself. 

In addition to that, is it happening with any group or just with the administrators one? One of the options would be to make sure to have internal system adminsitrator in order to do it, in case of confirming the external usage of directories.

Hope it helps you, sir! 

PS: In case of having the issue persisting, please, create a new support ticket in our channel: https://support.atlassian.com so we can have other engineers helping you. 

Regards, 

Giuliano T. 

Atlassian Support

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events