I checked the following things:
1. Connection is successful- JIRA and Psql are connected.
2. Unable to see data in the database I have mentioned in the connection - I am assuming that I can see the data in the databse and do not have to use the dbconfig.xml
3. Psql is up and running!
4. Inspite of checking all these things, I am unable to actually see the JIRA ticket data I am trying to import in the psql Database.
There's no context here to help us understand what you are doing.
Why are you looking at the database? What type of "import" is this and how are you doing it? What are you actually trying to achieve (in terms like "build a test machine from production", not "I want to import")
Ok, that's good, but leads to the next question - import what?
Are you trying to
1. migrate a JIRA system running on H2 onto a PostGreSQL backed one (e.g. turning a trial, test or demo system into a proper production one)
2. import bits of one system into another (a merge)?
(I should warn you though, either way, you should not be doing it on the database level)
Ok, we typed the last few comments at the same time.
You're trying to merge one system into another.
This is an absolute nightmare to do in SQL. The "import" of one issue could affect between 5 and 60 tables, some needing multiple entries. Then you'd need to deal with the possibility of clashes. And the structural data behind it. And ensure the config is set up before the "import". And changing the data to match the structural and config data.
SQL is the wrong way to do this.
There are several tools on the marketplace that can help you with this.
Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.Learn more
...there's anything I've learnt from working, it's that people are lazy! No offense to anyone reading this, but it's true and we can all admit it. The easier you make something for someone, the more...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs