Hi,

I have a simple JIRA project (v6.4.14) with :

* 2 fixed versions  "dev" and "prod"

* multiple components

I added a Two Dimensional Filter Statistics in my dashboard with :

XAxis = Fix For Versions (all)

YAxis = Components

based on a filter with the simple query :

project = xxx AND status = Done AND fixVersion in (dev, prod)

The result show 3 columns : dev, prod, Unscheduled, with 1 in Unscheduled for 1 component only !?

Version  dev prod Unscheduled
Component
Comp1      19    8           1
Comp2      12   18           0
Comp3      1     1           0

The query generated for the Unscheduled value 1 is :

project = xxx AND status = Done AND fixVersion in (dev, prod) AND component = Comp1 AND fixVersion is EMPTY

and return no result when executed (fixVersion cannot be in (dev,prod) AND be EMPTY)

I try to change the filter query for avoid that without success :

* adding "and fixVersion is not EMPTY"

* use "fixVersion = dev OR fixVersion = prod"

Any fix or workaround for this weird behavior ?

2 answers

0 votes
Jira Admin February 2, 2019

I just applied this filter to my projects and was able to take the Unschedule off the view:

category = "IT Projects" AND issuetype not in (Bug, Sub-task) AND resolution = Unresolved AND fixVersion is not EMPTY ORDER BY Rank ASC

I have all my projects under a same category, and I´m not including bugs nor sub-tasks.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 29, 2017

Could you try running a filter for "project = xxx AND status = Done AND fixVersion in (dev, prod) AND component = Comp1", save it, and put it into a "filter statistics" gadget, with "fix version" selected as the statistic?  What numbers does that give you?

fladnagg May 29, 2017

I added a gadget "Issue statistics" with :

* the new filter

* Statistic type = Fix For Versions (all)

* Show Resolved Issue Statistics = Yes

it display :

dev 19
prod 8
Unscheduled 1
Total 28

with the same generated query that return no result for Unscheduled (... and fixVersion is EMPTY)

The raw filter return 19 rows :

8 rows with "dev, prod"

11 rows with "dev"

FYI, with Show Resolved Issue Statistics = False, it display no data at all

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 29, 2017

Ok, great. 

Two more tests

What does "project = xxx AND status = Done AND component = Comp1 AND fixVersion = Unscheduled" give you?  One issue or none?   (Or many?  Which I don't expect, but could happen)

Can you reindex project xxx and see if that helps?

fladnagg May 29, 2017

the query return an error :

The value 'Unscheduled' does not exist for the field 'fixVersion'.

I also try with AND fixVersion IS EMPTY :

It return 2 results :

* 1 at "fixed" status but not installed yet (so with no fix version)

* 1 at "Cannot reproduce" status

I don't found how to reindex the project, I use the JIRA of my company and I don't see any reindex button on administration page, maybe they disable this action for project leaders.

Edit : I tryied to set fixVersion to "dev" for the two issues without fixVersion : it increment the "dev" number (19 -> 21) but the "Unscheduled 1" result is always here

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 29, 2017

>1 at "fixed" status but not installed yet (so with no fix version)

Ok, that's where the "one unscheduled" is coming from - the no fix version is pulling it up.

What I think is broken now is the "is empty" should find that too.

I'd still try a project re-index.  Admins should be able to do that from the admin options on the project - a drop-down to the the top right of the admin section on the project.

fladnagg May 29, 2017

ok, thanks, I will ask to a JIRA admin in my company for the re-index.

But it's weird Unscheduled 1 still appear after I set a version for the issue without it (Edit part of previous message ;o)

fladnagg May 30, 2017

The Unscheduled value 1 is still here after a JIRA admin made a reindex of the project

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 30, 2017

That is correct, you have an issue without a fix version.  Does the re-index affect the "is empty" question?

fladnagg May 30, 2017

The reindex don't change any result :

* Original filter : fixVersion in (dev, prod)

=> return 19 results with fixVersion (as expected)

* fixVersion IS EMPTY :

=> return 2 results as expected (1 Cannot reproduce and 1 without fix version)

* Query generated by gadget for Unscheduled = 1 : fixVersion in (dev,prod) AND fixVersion IS EMPTY

=> return 0 result : I expected that the query was NOT generated by the gadget or at least gadget display 0 for the result and not 1

The problem is that original filter contains "AND fixVersion in (dev, prod)", so, yes I have an issue without a fix version, but I don't expected to have it in gadget results at all !

Suggest an answer