Transition of status

AKASHB July 25, 2013

Hi All,

I am writting a groovy script in which i am creating a link between 2 issues, So when the transition occurs there is linking between them when reopened or moved to back state De-Link happens. So now my question is can i perform some auto transition for eg:

On A ticket there is transition from State1 --> State 2, Ticket linked with it should also move from State 1--> state 2, and what about vice versa?

You all Geniouses out there can you please comment?

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 25, 2013
1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 25, 2013

You'll need to write a listener to catch the "issue updated" event on ticket A, make the decision to transition linked tickets, work out which issues need to be transitions and whether they have valid transitions and then "push" them.

If you're using groovy, then you have the script runner and can probably use the "fast track" listener in the script plugin (or a variation of it)

0 votes
Alex Perez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 25, 2013

Hi,

If you-re going to implement this, please be aware of "circular events".

Your listener should catch the "issue updated" event, and likely filter by project type, issue type, destination and original status, link type and direction ... etc. If the event meets all conditions, then transition the linked issues. But these transitions are also an "update event", so its very important to do a proper filtering with all the conditions you can know in advanve to avoid calling the listener over and over ...

HTH

AKASHB July 25, 2013

Thanks for commenting out the pros and cons, will keep in mind, but how can i implement through groovy script any idea? or writting listener which i have never done.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 25, 2013

The answer you marked right already covers that.

Alex Perez
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 25, 2013

The first link provided by @rambanam prasad explains this. All my listener are pure Java, so I cant help you very much :(

But followin that link, you must install the groovy script plugin and then create a postfunction. Add as many conditions as you can to the postfunction to avoid the circular events ... and thats all

Suggest an answer