Transition name already exists but I deleted it..

Adam Grace March 12, 2012

Hi all,

I had an issue with a QA Pass transition in that a transition property was causing an error. I couldn't delete the property as this also caused an error, so I deleted it. I wanted to recreate the QA Pass transition but I get an error now stating that it already exists.

How can this be if I deleted it?

Any help is appreciated.

Cheers

Adam

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jeremy Largman
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 18, 2012

Sorry, I'm a bit late to this post. For posterity (if anyone else comes across this), our suggestion would be to try the database integrity checker.

Adam Grace March 18, 2012

Thanks, that's what I did in the end and it helped!

1 vote
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 12, 2012

Maybe this is the wrong place for this question. I would ask the official Atlassian Support: https://support.atlassian.com/secure/Dashboard.jspa

Adam Grace March 12, 2012

Agreed, although I was hoping for user feedback here rather than official support as it has been faster in most cases.

0 votes
mi.bu December 13, 2012

i encoutered that today and found out that jira acutally saves those transitions. It's not a bug, it's just made so that you don't have to type the same transition name twice.

After clicking on "create transitions" look to the right side, there should be the option "use common transition". You should be able to find it there.

hope i could help.

Suggest an answer