I have exported the data (XML format) and the attachments directory from the old Jira and want to upload it to the On-Demand version. I have a few questions:
- The export didn't let me select a subset of projects, but I only want to transfer issues from a single project. Is there a way to select a specific project during the upload?
- Will the import renumber the Jira Issues, or will it keep the numbering from the old Jira?
- Do all of the people that issues were assigned to in the old system need to be users in the new system?
- is there a limit on the storage space for attachments?
1. Yes. An export is "everything", but you can import "everything" or single projects.
2. It will keep the numbers
3. Yes, if you want a proper history
4. Yes, it's in the docs, I don't have it to hand. If you go over it, you will be charged more though, so it's not a hard limit.
There is a problem though - project import requires similar versions. You won't be able to import from xml generated by 3.9, you need it exported from 6. You'll need to set up a temporary system and upgrade it, or import "everything" into it (which will attempt the upgrade as it imports, although I'm not sure a 3.9 to 6 jump is even possible - you may need to upgrade in several steps)
Nic - thanks for the response to my questions. Elsewhere I read that "JIRA OnDemand cannot perform JIRA project imports, only full imports". Plus, if we can't import directly from v3.9 Hosted to v6 On-Demand, it looks like we might have to install an intermediate hosted version to provide a "bridge" to the On-Demand version. Are intermediate versions still available?
Hello Jira Align customers! In order to better serve you on your journey with Jira Align, the Community team has worked with the Jira Align team to curate the content in this collection to better s...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event