Tracking Time To SLA based on first entry to state

David S November 22, 2015

Hi,

I want to configure the "Time to SLA" plugin to track the time from first entry to the "Open" state and last entry to the "Closed" state.  I can control the workflow to prevent Closed tickets from being re-opened, but the workflow is such that the ticket can move to the "Open" state multiple times during the lifecycle of the ticket.

When that happens the "Time to SLA" plugin seems to use the most recent time that the ticket entered the "Open" state, rather than the first time.  How can I ensure that the tracking of the SLA elapsed time begins based on the FIRST time the ticket enters the "Open" state?

Thanks,

2 answers

0 votes
Phill Fox
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 23, 2015

Hi David,

Whilst not a perfect solution you could combine a condition related to having the issue assigned/not assigned. So when the issue is first created have it set to an unassigned state. After this first visit I assume that your issues are then assigned to individuals to action.Then any future return to Open where it has an assignee would not count if you set the clock to pause when an assignee is set.

Lets hope in the future products the SLA approach becomes more flexible and allows the setting of any JQL for the conditions on Start/Pause/Stop.

Phill

0 votes
Tuncay Senturk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 22, 2015

Hi David,

At the moment you can not do that but if you raise an issue to our tracking system it may be added in the upcoming versions.

Tuncay

Suggest an answer