Trac Import Specifics, Database not found in trac.ini

Andrew Eldredge March 26, 2016

I am attempting to import into JIRA from Trac.  First unpacked my tar.gz export and repackaged as a .zip.  The first compliant was that conf/trac.ini was not found, so I created a folder called conf and put the trac.ini in there, re-zipped and tried again.  There is an error now that says "You database configuration stored in trac.ini is empty."  That complaint seems reasonable,  I see nothing in the trac.ini that seems to have to do with the location of a database.

This set of instructions mentions that the JIRA needs to be able to access the url of the database, along with the note that neither localhosts nor sockets will work:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira/importing-data-from-trac-238617182.html

The server from which this project was taken has been brought down.  I have only this backup file.  The file trac.db, is included in the zip file.  Is there some way I can signal the importer that it has access to the database locally?  Setting up a second database server and loading the database onto it so that JIRA can import it seems a little extreme when there is a copy of the database included in the upload.

1 answer

0 votes
Andrew Eldredge March 26, 2016

The same server would be the most convenient place to load the database.  I've had trouble aliasing that servers name to itself, because it has a DNS server on board as well.  I expect avoiding "localhost"  might be painful, but perhaps I could use it's IP address.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events