The best way to merge two JIRA projects?

Any suggenstion on how to merge two JIRA projects? Renaming one and "move" all issues from the other? Or is there any cooler way?

Both projects have the same Workflow.

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes

Not really - moving issues from the first project to the other is pretty much the best option. With bulk-edit of course (someone I know tried to do it one issue at a time! Fine for a handful, but he had hundreds to do...)

Tarun Sapra Community Champion Mar 26, 2014

A cooler way -- write a nice script in ruby/python which does REST calls to make sure both projects are in sync and issues are imported from one project to another and you can decide in the script to remove redundant fields of source project.

That's only cooler if you really need to do complex data manipulation during the merge. Bulk edit will ask the essential questions and deal with all synchonisations etc. Scripting is more work, and a lot slower.

Thanks guys. I'll just go the uncooler way this time :-)

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Uncategorized

Friday fun: how many celebrates Midsummer holiday or is this a Swedish tradition only?

Any other country that celebrates Midsummer holiday (this friday 22 June)?  

32 views 3 1
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you