Stop sprints from other projects displaying in the Sprint drop-down list when creating an issue? Edited

I know this issue is partially existing in other questions relating to tickets in other sprints displaying on boards but my concern is specific to the creation of a ticket.

Issue

When you create a ticket in project A, the sprint drop down field displays all available sprints from Project A, Project B, Project C etc.

Expected behaviour

Creating a ticket for a project should only be able to be added to a sprint in that project.

UPDATE - Vote for this functionality here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSWSERVER-10805 

1 answer

1 accepted

0 vote

Hi William,

There is actually on open Suggestion for this that you can find at JSWSERVER-10805.

Currently, there does not seem to be anything that limits which Sprint an issue can be added into when done via the Issue View Screen (with the 'Sprint' field). This can cause confusion as it could show Sprints from boards from a different project or cause users to link the issue to the wrong Sprint due to Sprints having the same name.

The suggested workaround is as follows:

Since Sprint names are not unique in JIRA, try using unique Sprint names with a prefix of the Project so that it will be easier to distinguish them.

At this time I would recommend going to JSWSERVER-10805, voting on the issue and leaving comments for the developers so that feature request can gain additional impact so it can be added to JIRA.

Cheers,

Branden

Thanks. Have updated the original question to direct others to the issue. I can see the issue was created in 2014 and hasn't been done yet. 

Since 2014, Aaron Mooy has:

• Signed from Western Sydney Wanderers to Melbourne City
  • Won the Melbourne City player of the year award
  • Broke the record for number of assists in a season (20)
  • Became a key member in the Australian national team
  • Signed from Melbourne City to Manchester City
  • Was placed on loan to Huddersfield town (Championship)
  • Voted by the fans as the player of the year
  • Scored a penalty at Wembley to help secure promotion to the Premier League in the play-off final

That's a lot of progress so I am a little concerned at the comparitive lack of progress of this issue.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Published Thursday in Jira

5 ways you can make the most of Jira Software and Bitbucket Cloud

As part of the Bitbucket product team I'm always interested in better understanding what kind of impact the use of our tools have on the way you work. In a recent study we conducted of software devel...

80 views 0 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you