Status = closed, name of date field?

I'm trying to determine what the name of the field is when I'm doing a search. I want to know the date an issue entered the status of closed.

I'm not sure if it's the updated date, or the resolution date, or if there is another date altogether.

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

There isn't one.

Resolution date traps the point where an issue last has its resolution change from <null> to <any resolution>.

But the concept of "closed" is a business decision, not a simple system one like resolution. It's based in the workflow and it can be removed, so there's no way to (sanely) hang a date on it at a system level

Your best option is to manufacture it yourself. Two options

1. Write a plugin or use the script runner to provied a field that interrogates the issue history and picks out the last time the status changed into the status you are interested in.

2. Write a plugin or use the script runner to write current date/time to a custom field you add every time the transition(s) that go into the status is executed.

The second one is easier to write, but only works from when it's implemented because it only traps the change. The first one will work for all issues, no matter how old.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Teamwork

What teamwork quotes inspire you?

Hey everyone! My name is Natalie and I'm an editor of the Atlassian Blog and I've got a question for you: What's your favorite quote about teamwork?  We've compiled a list here, along with...

28 views 3 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you