Stash unable to connect to setup wizard located at http://localhost:7990

Greetings,

We recently purchased stash and jira. I am having some trouble completing the installation of stash.

After launching stash I cannot connect to the setup wizard located at http://localhost:7990

There is another instance of tomcat running on this server that supports coldfusion10

Any ideas or assistance you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time and work.

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.

Hi Byron,

It's very likely that Stash is trying to bind to the same server port. If you have a look in the log directory you'll probably see an error to that effect. You may need to look at the two server.xml from both Tomcats and change the port that is causing the conflict. Stash has a custom server port of 8006 to avoid clashes with the default JIRA port of 8005.

If you decide to modify the port in Stash keep in mind that you'll need to fix the port on each upgrade, so you may want to automate the process.

Let me know if that helps.

Charles

Charles,

I apologize for the delay in returning a response to your note. I am now at least able to get tomcat started but there are several errors that get reported when I start the server. First of all I didn't realize I had to run "service.bat install" in order to get the server to start and then I was able to run start-stash.bat.

It is at this point that I get the following when browsing to localhost:7990

The Spring WebApplicationContext could not be started.

Thank you for your time and help with this!

Byron

Hi Byron,

Unfortunately that error basically means something didn't start in Stash. We need to see the full stack trace to determine what actually went wrong.

My advice would be to raise a support ticket. Please attach the $STASH_HOME/log directory so we can diagnose the fault.

Cheers,

Charles

Charles,

Thank you for the help. I have opened a support ticket here SSP-1843.

I realize that this is just an install issue and doesn't yet affect our users as of yet, however we are on the cusp of launching a major site project and would very much like to incorporate this into our work flow. The project kick-off is tomorrow and if we could have this in place by tomorrow afternoon that would be AWESOME.

Thank you again for your time and help with all of this.

Byron

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted 2 hours ago in Europe

Speaker Required!

Hey, We're currently organising an AUG event on Tuesday the 23rd of October. It's being hosted by Tata Consultancy Services near High Street Kensington station. We currently require one more spea...

27 views 0 0
View post

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you