Setting Default Issue Type to "None" Ignored

Peter Hill November 15, 2012

I need the default issue type for a project to be unselected by default in order to require that the user actively pick an issue type. Unfortunately, changing the Default Issue Type to none doesn't seem to result in there being nothing selected in the dropdown when creating a new issue. Please see attached screenshots for pictures worth a thousand words.

6 answers

0 votes
Michael Hohmann May 29, 2014

In my Issue Type Scheme, the default is set to "none". This has never worked. It always defaults to the issue type that is first in the list. How can I make "none" work?

0 votes
Philip Martineau May 1, 2014

I'm fighting the same battle, was this solved yet ?

Thanks for your feedback.

0 votes
Matt Robbins May 29, 2013

Yes it does do that. But I would like it to be blank to force the user to select the Issue Type every time. Do you know a way to do this?

0 votes
Natalie Hobson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 29, 2013

I though that if a default issue type was not selected, it would simply display the latest issue type created by the user (if that type is available in the project they are creating an issue under)?

0 votes
Matt Robbins May 29, 2013

I am having the same problem. In my Issye Type Scheme i have the Default Issue Type set to 'None' but when I go to create a new issue the default is not blank as I would expect. I think this may be a bug in JIRA.

0 votes
Miranda Rawson
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 15, 2012

Hi Pete - I do not see your attached screenshots. Could you try one more time so I can see more clearly what you are referring to?

Suggest an answer