Sender is not receiving an auto reply email when issue is created - do I need a pluggin?

Laura Richards June 22, 2014

I have configured Jira to create an issue when an email is logged and have configued the notification scheme to notify user on 'create issue, 'update issue' and 'resolve issue' however I have tested this and receive no email. I'd also like to customerise this email. Do I need a pluggin to do the things I want?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 22, 2014

To customise emails, have a look at https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Customizing+Email+Content

For debugging, that can be a bit more fun. The notification scheme sounds right to me, but can you check the workflow? A common oversight is to build a workflow quickly, and not realise that the "events" being fired for the notification scheme to pick up are all "generic events" rather than "create issue, update issue" and so-on

Also, is the person who should get the emails the same as the person triggering them? There is a flag on profiels to say "do not email me to tell me I've just made a change" which surpresses emails to that person (everyone else should still get them)

Another one is to check the spam filters.

And read the log to look for any email related errors

Laura Richards June 22, 2014

Thanks Nic.

I have checked the workflow and cannot see anything that suggests that the 'events' are generic but just in case, I added a notification for 'generic events' just to test getting an email. I've also tried changing the default reportee to someone else too.

I have now realised that my screen for 'Outgoing mail' is blank. There is no option to add an SMTP server here. 'Outgoing mail' has been enabled but there is nothing else on this screen that I can activate/comfigure. I have since found documentation to say that the OnDemand version of Jira Service Desk may not have this feature. Can someone confirm how I go about getting an automatic email configured to reply to the sender with their Jira reference number. Im really hope there is another way of doing this.

Thanks,

Laura

Suggest an answer