Select issues for a particular user with all sub-tasks

Dmitry Nechayev February 28, 2012

I would like to construct the following query:

I would like to see all issues of the type Story or Task assigned to a particular user with all their sub-tasks - regardless of their assignment. I also want to exclude from this query sub-tasks assigned to this user but belonging to Stories or Tasks assigned to another user

Use case: in my iteration planning I may have development stories with sub-tasks assigned to Development and QA which I want to see in one filter. At the same time I may have Documentation stories with review sub-tasks assigned to Development which I want to see in a separate filter

Is there any way to construct such a filter? I can see that there is Parent field for sub-tasks which potentially can be used for this purpose, but this may necessitate nested queries - not sure if it is feasible.

Thank you!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 29, 2012

JQL Tricks Plugin has a parent method which can be used for this. The JQL will be something like:

((issuetype = Story or issuetype = Task) AND assignee=username) OR issue in parent("(issuetype = Story or issuetype = Task) AND assignee=username")

You can add more AND / OR conditions to make it more complex!

0 votes
Joanna _Yahoo_ January 2, 2013

You can also use a combination of the following 2 functions from the free Craftforge JQL Functions Plugin :

issue in/not in subtaskIssuesFromFilter ("filter name or its id")- finds all parents of subtasks found by specified saved filter

issue in/not in subtaskIssuesFromQuery("JQL query") - finds all parents of subtasks found by specified specified query

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events