Security Level id does not getting updated for an issue.

Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 25, 2014

I try to set security level field when a customfield has some value. It is working fine.

Now I edit issue, unset security level programmatically if the customfield has no option selected, it is not working.

I updated and re-indexed issue in my edit logic.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 3, 2014

Jira has inheritance behavior of setting security level to its childs. Even though we set programmatically some security level to a child, jira overwriting its parent security level.

Hence solved by maintaining customfield values also inherited to its subtasks.

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 25, 2014

All we can tell you from that is "your code doesn't work" really. You might want to tell us what the code is, and how and where you are running it (post function? listener? etc)

Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 25, 2014

I'm writing the logic in doExecute() method of QuickEditIssue.java which extends jira's QuickEditIssue.

Customfield-1: contain checkbox options

Customfield-2(of MultiGroupPicker type)

when some check box of cus-1 is selected while creating or editing issue, the corresponding group present in jira will get set in cus-2 and also security level should set. The security level is assigned to cus-2 groups in issue security scheme.

The groups are getting added/removed based on cus-1 options but when try to remove all options, the security level not being unset although cus-2 getting updated empty groups.

Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 25, 2014

forget to mention, this problem of setting security level applied to only subtasks with no checkbox of cus-1 selected

Suggest an answer