Searching for multiple labels

Deleted user August 5, 2013
I have a very simple question but can not find the answer with multiple trys. I need to search in Jira for issues that have two labels A and B. The default seems to be A or B and I can not find a way to change the operator. I tried both A AND B, A and B and neither works...

8 answers

8 votes
Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2013
labels = A AND labels = B

Can this be specified in the search interface?

Deleted user August 8, 2013

I would like to make this search work in the Issue Navigator. Is that possible?

2 votes
Alex Perez
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 5, 2013

or .. labels in (A, B)

Alex Perez
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 5, 2013

xDDD

you're right!

Christian Czaia _Decadis AG_
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 5, 2013

that's an OR not an AND :-) That search would return all issues with either A or B as a label

Like # people like this
satyam karn August 2, 2017

it will check if it is in both the label then only it will filter

labels
in (A) AND labels in (B)

Jorge Cerda July 13, 2020

I like this shorter version, thanks.

1 vote
Amina Praveen June 11, 2020

project = XXX AND issuetype = Bug AND Labels in (XXX) AND Labels in (XXX)

0 votes
alexandrtihonovich May 9, 2021

labels = A OR labels = B // if any of labels can be true 

labels = A AND labels = B // if both must be found for a specific task 

0 votes
Michael Duckwitz April 15, 2019

I had the same problem filtering components.  This is how I solved it.  Unfortunately it doesn't work with the basic filter, I had to use advanced to edit the text itself.

I am able to filter issues that have both "Customer" and "FPGA" components by including this string:

"AND component = Customer AND component = FPGA"

I am able to filter issues with "Customer" and NOT "FPGA" by including this string:

"AND component = Customer AND component not in (FPGA)"

0 votes
Pronto Software March 18, 2019

None of the posted suggestions are correct. This multi value field (it's not a text field) seems to handle the search set intersections like an "OR" rather than "AND"

Will post here if I find anything helpful. I need to search where Labels have three set values, not one or two of the three. Probably end up doing a count of the labels containing certain characters... a wobbly solution.

Cheers,

Pete Q

Pronto Software March 18, 2019

Products like this add-on app give a clue about searches involving these type of fields. I'm not buying another add-on for our use case, or going complex with jump-through-hoops programming to hammer together a search routine. There are other fields that we can use to suit our scenario.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1214233/wildcards-search-plugin-for-jira?hosting=server&tab=overview

0 votes
Lauro Pereira December 6, 2018

0 votes

I agree, that is an OR

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events