Scheduling Requirement

Hi, I am a new atlassian SDK user and i recently configured SDK in to my local eclipse. I was given with a task like Managing Users.

We have LDAP integrated with JIRA and there are some users already created in specific group of JIRA. Now the requirement is to have a batch job to be scheduled to run once every day to check the users in both LDAP and in JIRA. If any new user is added in LDAP to some specific group, then the batch job should automatically create the user in required JIRA group to provide access to some applications of JIRA.

Could any one suggest the approach to develop this plugin and the procedure to hook up to our company JIRA?

Thanks in Advance!

3 answers

1 accepted

This widget could not be displayed.

I created a service which has the logic to sync the ldap and jira and hooked it to JIRA. The service was configured to execute on regular intervals. So when new employ joins the company, his would be automatically given access to jira by adding him to jirausers group by the service. This service which runs everyday will sync the new user with jira. Also if a user is moved to deactive group in ldap, the same service will move the user from Jirausers group to deactivated group of jira.

Joe Clark Atlassian Team Feb 12, 2012

Nice job getting this working!

Hi Guys, Appreciate if some one could suggest a solution?

Joe Clark Atlassian Team Dec 20, 2011

You shouldn't need to write a plugin to do this. JIRA's LDAP integration should be able to sync group memberships by default.

Hi Joseph, Thanks for your reply.

Our existing JIRA configuration wont allow ldap sync up with JIRA because we dont want all the users groups of LDAP to get access to JIRA. So we are manually adding the users to JIRA when a new user is added to our required group. Since it is integrated with LDAP, authentication is doing against it. Now we want to automate this process by adding specific group members in LDAP to jira-users group. Kindly suggest a solution for this.

Hi Joseph,

Is there a way to sync only specific group of LDAP to jira-user group?

Joe Clark Atlassian Team Dec 27, 2011

I'm not sure, sorry :-(

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted yesterday in Teamwork

What teamwork quotes inspire you?

Hey everyone! My name is Natalie and I'm an editor of the Atlassian Blog and I've got a question for you: What's your favorite quote about teamwork?  We've compiled a list here, along with...

30 views 3 4
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you