Run Speed test with less than 1000 issues in database

Daniel Roß May 30, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: Testing database access speed

Is there a way to run the speed test if you have less than 1000 Issues in your database? When i run the speed test on my JIRA instance i got the following exception:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot iterate over 1000 issues as there are only 257 issues in the database
    at com.atlassian.util.benchmark.JIRASQLPerformance.getTests(JIRASQLPerformance.java:97)
    at com.atlassian.util.benchmark.JIRASQLPerformance.call(JIRASQLPerformance.java:80)
    at com.atlassian.util.benchmark.JIRASQLPerformance.main(JIRASQLPerformance.java:61

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 30, 2016

I'm pretty sure that this is the source code itself (https://bitbucket.org/juliasimon/atlassian-support-benchmark). You can of course recompile it as necessary. 

Daniel Roß May 30, 2016

Thank you @Timothy Chin for the link to the source code. With that i found out that the .jar file accepts a  parameter where you can pass the number of runs. So you can Use the following command:

Unix:

java -cp PATH_TO_THE/atlassian-log-analysis-0.1.1.jar:PATH_TO_YOUR_JDBC_DRIVER_JAR \
com.atlassian.util.benchmark.JIRASQLPerformance \
YOUR_DB_USERNAME YOUR_DB_PASSWORD \
JDBC_CONNECTION_STRING JDBC_DRIVER_CLASS \
NUMBER_OF_RUNS
> db-perf-test.txt

And with that it worked fine. Someone should update the wiki page with that information smile

Suggest an answer