You need to identify what gadget is doing this and then
1) check that it's a valid gadget. If you've not installed any custom plugins that provide gadgets, then you are fine, but if you have, then it may be a bug in the settings or code for that gadget (the off-the-shelf ones may well have bugs, but a bug causing this problem wouldn't have made it to release)
2) Check what the settings for the gadget are and see if they're generating too much data.
The "ifr" implies a filter result to me, but I can't be 100% sure. However, if it is, then it's possible for a user to set up a gadget with loads of columns and a very large filter (especially if you've increased the limits on searching), and that could be overloading the dataset. If that is the case, they need a smaller filter or less details.
Your log file is likely to be VERY helpful in tracking this one down - have a read of that first.
I found this in JIRA knowledge base, you might want to change Apache settings to increase the allowed request body limit for the proxy
This might be individual browser settings related also. I clicked inside a standard gadget chart on machine A, B using FF10, IE8.
Machine A - IE 8, got request entity too large. FF, no problem
Machine B - IE 8, no problem. FF, no problem.
I also have a machine C - IE 8 disaply "request entity too large" right inside all gadgets.
In cases where I expereince this issue, I see the long query string with 413 error in apache access log.
It's officially Tuesday, which means it's officially time for another tip to help you better navigate this space we call the Atlassian Community. 😄 I got a great question from community member, Sa...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs