It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Report based on a field in a project

I would like to build a report based on a field in a project. The report I want to build is under "Single-stage report with special grouping". Maybe it is the wrong approach? So please correct me if I am wrong. Anyway, there is a statistics type and a filter. As far as I understand it, the statistics type is the field I want to do the report with. But I have no idea what the filter means. Thank you. M

1 answer

You need to create a filter so your report can contain the correct information.

To create a filter:

1. Go to Issues > Search for Issues.
  2. From here, choose the appropriate project.
  3. Next, click More, then start typing the name of the desired field and select it.
  4. Look at the result this returned. Does this list contain the issues you expected? If so, click Save As and name the filter appropriately (my suggestion would be to use a naming convention like "<project> <field> Filter"). 
  5. Now, go back to the gadget you were configuring and start typing the name of the filter you just created in the Filter field.

Good luck and let me know if it works!

Here are some more resources for you about filters:

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Teamwork

Listening out loud: how Dave Liao works on distributed teams

The start of the COVID-19 pandemic served as a forcing function to re-evaluate the way teams worked together. In fact, many companies are re-learning how to collaborate with their teams. As some move...

122 views 4 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you