Report based on a field in a project

Michel Herszak September 16, 2013

I would like to build a report based on a field in a project. The report I want to build is under "Single-stage report with special grouping". Maybe it is the wrong approach? So please correct me if I am wrong. Anyway, there is a statistics type and a filter. As far as I understand it, the statistics type is the field I want to do the report with. But I have no idea what the filter means. Thank you. M

1 answer

0 votes
John Paz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 30, 2014

You need to create a filter so your report can contain the correct information.

To create a filter:

1. Go to Issues > Search for Issues.
  2. From here, choose the appropriate project.
  3. Next, click More, then start typing the name of the desired field and select it.
  4. Look at the result this returned. Does this list contain the issues you expected? If so, click Save As and name the filter appropriately (my suggestion would be to use a naming convention like "<project> <field> Filter"). 
  5. Now, go back to the gadget you were configuring and start typing the name of the filter you just created in the Filter field.

Good luck and let me know if it works!

Here are some more resources for you about filters:

Suggest an answer