Recurring Tasks Across Multiple Iterations

claude raiola September 8, 2015

Hi,

I am new to JIRA, so please bare with me if some of my terminology is not correct.

Our team have multiple tasks (cards ) that we perform periodically and therefore need to be included in each iteration. It is possible to create cards / tasks that automatically generate each time an iteration is created so that the process can be automated avoiding the need to manually create or copy each of the cards from one iteration to the next given the cards for these specific tasks do not change as they represent processes that are performed each week eg generate month end reports

I am aware is possible to generate a csv file of cards and then import said file at the start of each iteration, this being more efficient than the recreate or copy / past cards, however having the cards auto generate as part of the iteration creation process would be the ideal

I welcome any comments / suggestions as to the best way to automate the above

2 answers

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 9, 2015

To me, the easiest way is to create a Task and then add Sub-Tasks to it. Since Cloning an issue gives you a clean slate at NEW or OPEN, the Clone Operation will work just fine for us. When you Clone the Task, all the Sub-Tasks will also be cloned. 

0 votes
Pilar
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 8, 2015

Create the set of issues/tasks which are re-used. and then every time you start a sprint perform a bulk clone operation of those issues.

Bulk clone operation can be done using the structure plugin.

See this link for more details

https://wiki.almworks.com/display/structure/Cloning+Multiple+Issues

Pilar

Suggest an answer