Re-Indexing Issue: issues missing from search and Agile board

Rachel LeBlanc June 4, 2012

Re-indexed JIRA this morning due to workflow updates for new projects. However, the re-indexing caused issues to be missing from planned versions or to not be searched for from the issue navigator or the quick search. However, the issues is still present in JIRA.

What give?

Rachel

6 answers

0 votes
Thiago Ribeiro
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 11, 2013

Rachel,

You have mentioned that Workflow changes were done, so I would suggest you to check your Board Column mappings to see if all statuses are properly mapped and also to have a look on this KB article:

Issues are not appearing in GreenHopper Rapid Boards

I hope it helps you!

0 votes
Tiago Comasseto
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 6, 2013

Hi Rachel,

Just sharing with our community the resolution to this index issue. It was related to MySQL timestamp conversion. I've created a KB article explaining the cause and including the steps to solve this problem:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRAKB/Re-index+fail+due+to+timestamp+conversion+issue

Cheers

0 votes
vkharisma
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 22, 2012

Hi Rachel, does the problem still persist on your side? Are you able to search the issue now? Just addition to what Sachin said above, you can clear the cache by doing as per following steps:

1. Stop JIRA.
  2. Remove the following directory and all its subdirectories:

$JIRA_HOME/caches/indexes

(info) This will be rebuilt when JIRA is next reindexed.

3. Start JIRA.
  4. Perform a re-index of JIRA through the Administration section.

If the problem still persist, I'd suggest you to contact https://support.atlassian.com and provide the log file for further investigation. Once the problem is resolved, kindly spend time to update this post.

Cheers, Vicky.

0 votes
Sachin Ambulkar June 27, 2012

I would suggest to clear the cache before re-indexing so that will remove currpted cache and load back your all issue in order it was before.

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 4, 2012

Definitelty need to be reading the log file for the indexing on this one.

0 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 4, 2012

What version of Jira are you running? Are there any errors in your Jira logs showing up?

Suggest an answer