Problem with external CSV import

Israel Dvorsky March 22, 2014

I am trying to import issues from a CSV and i get the following message:

java.io.IOException: Malformed CSV stream. Missing ["] near offset 62 after field 0 on line 169

I am using JIRA 5.0.4

See CSV attached

Thanks! ()

3 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2014

The error message you're getting really is telling you what is wrong - there is at least one " mark in your csv that doesn't match up, and is breaking the format.

You'll need to escape the extra " marks in order to import them. I think it's just using "" instead of "

Israel Dvorsky March 23, 2014

How can I find it?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2014

The error message tells you what line is failing, although the character reference might not be that helpful - it's often "the next thing I couldn't read" instead of "where you've got something wrong"

0 votes
Israel Dvorsky March 22, 2014

I can't attach a CSV file

0 votes
Nadir MEZIANI
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 22, 2014

Hi,

there is no file attached.

Suggest an answer