Problem with HTML formated mails

Anders Westman April 1, 2013

Hello, I have some problem processing mail in HTML-format with the JEMH. Please look at the following example:

Prio: 1-Critical

SR: 1-1745174919

Application: P&Q

Environment: Prod

Assignment: John Smith

Application Area: AM

ProblemSummary: Upload indirect accounts to all China environments

ProbleDescription: Upload indirect accounts in all China's environment

(test andProd), from attached fil

When sending this mail unformated the Prio, SR, Application, Environment, Assignment and Application Area mapps to correct fields in Jira. The rest of the mail (from ProblemSummary and down), isn't mapped to any fields in Jira and just inputed in the issue description.

However, when sending this mail HTML-formated, all text from AM and further is inputed in the Application Area field. JEMH dosent care about the two line breaks after AM. Any suggestion to have to come around this?

Thanks!

//Anders

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Brook [Plugin People]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 1, 2013

Hi Anders,

Are you sure the last two Custom Field names are correct, they don't show whitespace (its allowed, and must match the actual fields), also, I see one was called ProbleDescription? Guessing that should be Problem Description? Please confirm all referred fields exist (case doesnt matter, whitespace does).

For HTML related parsing issues, I really need a JEMH Audit History export of the related email to see whats happening, could you please log a support ticket, attach that, and your XML Profile export so I can reproduce what you describe, and suggest a resolution?

- JEMH JIRA

Cheers,

~andy

Anders Westman April 1, 2013

Hi Andy, thanks for the replay.

To answer your first questions, yes the last to custom fields are correct. Actually... we use JEMH to import mails we got send to us from or customers, which genereates them from Siebel (So we have a Siebel > Jira import integration). When they generates does mail from Siebel ProblemSummary and ProblemDescription and all fields that come after thoes are in the mail, but we dont use them in Jira, we just want them and all information that comes after to be put in the jira issues description field.

And this works when the mail is just plain text (unformated), but when the mail is in HTML no fields at all gets mapped to correct Jira field.

I will create a support ticket for the other issue.

Thanks again!

Suggest an answer