Post function to add user to watcher list in jira 5.2.5

Megha K Y October 24, 2013

Can anyone help me with a code for the post function to add the user in the watcher list in jira.

i'm using jira 5.2.5. ?

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 29, 2013

can you give us a screen shot how you are adding postfunction to your workflow?

Megha K Y October 29, 2013

The Problem is solved now.

here we are adding the configured user to the watcher list based on the configured project and configure supplier (custom field).

The problem was with module where we are checking the configure supplier is equal to the issue supplier.

0 votes
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 27, 2013

following code worked for us

WatcherManager wm = ComponentAccessor.getWatcherManager();
wm.startWatching(user, issue);

following code what we used in our jira 5.0

private UserAssociationStore userAssociationStore = ComponentManager.getComponentInstanceOfType(UserAssociationStore.class);
public static final String ASSOCIATION_TYPE = "WatchIssue";
userAssociationStore.createAssociation(ASSOCIATION_TYPE,user, issue.getGenericValue());

Megha K Y October 27, 2013

Thank you so much.

i used the same code but when i build the post function plugin it is not working.

Do i need to make any changes in jira before adding user to watcher list.

i used the same code.

but its not working for me in jira 5.2.5. The user is not adding to the watcher list.

Please help.

RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 27, 2013
RambanamP
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 27, 2013

check my answers, i have updated!!

0 votes
Silviu Burcea
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 24, 2013

Hi,

You can use JJupin plugin to make your work easier. To add the user to watchers, you can do it in 3 lines of SIL code:

if (arrayElementExists(watchers, currentUser()) == false) {
    watchers = arrayAddElement(watchers, currentUser());
}

Yes, that's all! You can read more about JJupin here: http://confluence.kepler-rominfo.com/display/JJUPIN/JJupin+Documentation+%28v+2.5.x+and+v+2.6.x%29

Regards,

Silviu

Thank you so much.

But i need the java code.

Silviu Burcea
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 27, 2013

I think that it is way easier to use existing plugins instead of rolling your own and reinvent the wheel. Also, you get a lot of flexibility with JJupin, there are a lot of things simplified to meet user/administrator needs.

Moriah Chandler
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 21, 2014

Instead of currentUser(), is there a variable for adding the component lead? I see that you can set "complead" using admAddProjectComponent - but I don't see it listed on the page here: http://confluence.kepler-rominfo.com/display/SIL/Variable+Resolution

Suggest an answer