Post-function error blocks Create issue

Stuart McGill August 15, 2017

Randomly when I create an issue or edit an issue that I am viewing using the edit screen, I get one of the following errors:

POST / rest/quickedit/1.0/userpreferences/edit

POST / rest/quickedit/1.0/userpreferences/update

POST / rest/quickedit/1.0/userpreferences/create

Has any one any idea how to isolate the cause?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 15, 2017

Those don't seem to be errors, more like commands.  Could you show us a bit more?

Stuart McGill August 15, 2017

The full messge is:

'Create Issue

Proxy Error

The proxy server received an invalid response from the upstream server.

The proxy server could not handle the request POST /rest/quickedit/1.0/userpreferences/create.

Reason: Error Reading from Remote Server

Apache/2.2.15 (CentOS) Server at xxxxxxxxx Port 443'

If I click on the message I get the following in a file called create.jason:

{"showWelcomeScreen":true,"useQuickForm":false,"fields":["summary","description","priority","versions","components"]}

Once I cick ok the create function aborts and the previous screen is redisplayed.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 15, 2017

Your proxy server is not configured correctly.  You'll need to talk toyour network team about this.  It could be all sorts of things, but I'd start with simple checks on what the proxy server is forwarding (or not)

Suggest an answer