Permanently Configure Jira Basic Search to always present the 'Resolution' criteria

IT Kobo March 4, 2013

Hi there,

Is there a way to configure our Jira 5.2.7 Standalone installation so that the 'Resolution' criteria is always displayed in the Basic Search page, along with the other always-there criteria (Project, Issue Type, Status, Assignee).

The 'Resolution' criteria is as fundamental to filtering tickets as the above four criteria. Frequently, I want to know about search results for only open tickets; closed tickets are not relevant for current issues I'm searching for.

I cant find a way to configure the criteria presented in the Basic Search; there doesn't seem to be a relevant key to add to the jira-config.properties file.

How can I make this change so that the 'Resolution' field appears for every user every time they use basic search?

2 answers

2 votes
Jozef Kotlár
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2013

I am afraid that this is not possible on configuration level.

After short investigation I've discovered that list of so called primary clauses is hardcoded in file IssueNavCreator.js in module jira-issue-nav-plugin. So if you are brave enough, you could try to change it.

IT Kobo March 10, 2013

May be worth doing this in our test environment and seeing if it destroys eveything. Thanks for the help Jozef!

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2017

Hmm.  You say:

The 'Resolution' criteria is as fundamental to filtering tickets as the above four criteria. Frequently, I want to know about search results for only open tickets; closed tickets are not relevant for current issues I'm searching for.

This contradicts itself.  If an issue has a resolution, it's resolved, and hence, as you say, not relevant to your searches.

Suggest an answer