Organizing Projects

We have a current live project that has maintenance issues (bug fixes small enhancements) and we are going to rewrite that project with newer technologies from scratch.  Should this be a new project in Jira?  What is a good way to organize or differentiate projects?

1 answer

0 votes

I'd say it sounds like a good case for a new project.  But it very much depends on how you want to run your teams and project work.

I would be tempted to leave the current project open for maintenance fixes, and have a new project for the rewrite, as it's probably a separate bigger peice of work. 

I doubt the people doing the maintenance really care about the replacement when they're trying to support the old system, and I doubt the developers really want the support noise which applies only to something they're replacing.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Tuesday in Featured Groups

Tuesday tips & tricks: What is the Atlassian Community?

It's officially Tuesday, which means it's officially time for another tip to help you better navigate this space we call the Atlassian Community. 😄 I got a great question from community member, Sa...

132 views 6 8
View post

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you