Need another way to search fixversion

Sharon Conger September 6, 2012

In https://answers.atlassian.com/questions/82515/versionmatches-from-jql-tricks-plugin-not-working I asked about proper usage for the JQL Tricks function versionMatches(). Got a great answer that worked when I tested it....

And then my admin team installed the correct version of the plugin for our ACTUAL version of Jira... (Why couldn't they do that to begin with, but I digress...)

So we have Jira version 4.4.3 and the JTricks plugin version 2.3. The versionMatches() function doesn't exist yet. Back to square one. I'm looking at the releasedOn() function but that seems to require a specific date. What I need it all release dates in a month. It doesn't seem to let me wildcard the date like this: "2012/08/*". Is there proper regex syntax I should use, or does this function simply require a specific date?

Is there a better function to use? If it helps, here is the query that worked beautifully in the latest version:

project in (BILLGTWY, CD, CG, CI, FIN, GC, JCA, PEM, SG, TE) and status in (Closed,Resolved) and fixversion in versionMatches(".*Jan/2012.*")

How do I accomplish this with what's available in the version that we can support?

1 answer

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 6, 2012

When are you planning to upgrade your JIRA? If not anytime soon, and if you have a valid license for the plugin, you can request to add the function in the earlier versions of the plugin. Try contacting the support directly.

Sharon Conger September 6, 2012

Apparently there are no plans to upgrade Jira. I'm going to have to write a business justification to buy the plugin.

Suggest an answer