Multiple Issue Key search

Pascal Gauthier November 22, 2011

Is it possible to search for multiple issue key and display all of them at once in my issue navigator? The issues don't have anything in commun ... no filter option.

4 answers

1 accepted

6 votes
Answer accepted
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 22, 2011

Select Issues/Search for Issues from the menu. Then select the advanced search. In the textarea then type what Jobin showed you. The quick search only works for a single issue key as far as I can tell. It is definitely annoying.

Works like a charm! (with advanced search)

Thank you!

4 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 22, 2011

Try like this:

key in (TEST-1, TEST-2)

Not working, I'm still getting much more result than what I'm looking for :(

Rising Star
Rising Star
November 22, 2011

Maybe I misunderstood, you are trying to show only selected issues in the issue navigator, right? If so, you just need to give those issue keys in the search. Are you saying you are getting issues which are not in this list if you give like this?

You understood right ... I'm entering (for the example) 2 issue keys (Test-1, Test-2) in the quick search field and I'm receiving a lot more than just the two entries.

Rising Star
Rising Star
November 22, 2011

Can you please attach a screenshot?

Try to use double quotes as well but the other one also woks for me!

key in ("TEST-1","TEST-2")

Like # people like this
Robbie Lee
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 17, 2014

What if you want to search a range of keys. For instance, I want to search for issues 400 to 600 in a particular project.

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 15, 2014

Same here, I want a range of keys

Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 15, 2014

It seems I can search key > KEY-1234 works fine

Like # people like this
Daniel Balogh February 6, 2017

I know, it isn't Christmas, but it was nice if I could search by the actual Number only, in the current project, without the need to "fully qualify" the issueKey, such as "Issuekey in (10,12,16)", instead of "Issuekey in (TEST-10, TEST-12,TEST-16)".

Or is this possible anyway and I'm overlooking something...?

BR,

Daniel

Nithin Balachandran May 10, 2018

You try in advanced search like issueKey in ("TEST-1","TEST-2","TEST-3"). I was able to nail it.

Like # people like this
Marcus Bergman July 18, 2018

Thanks @Nithin Balachandran. Worked like a charm. Didn't even need the quotes around each issue key =-)

Like Josh Yorko likes this
Nithin Balachandran July 18, 2018

@Marcus BergmanThanks buddy keep charming !!

Jean-Philippe Begin November 27, 2018

Sorry to bump but here's my challenge. I'm having a hard time to figure out how to exclude an issueKey list from my search;

project = PROJECTNAME AND issuetype = Test AND status in (Done, TODO) AND text ~ "string" AND (issuekey != 'PROJECTNAME-issueKeynum') ORDER BY status DESC, created DESC

So this query is working properly. It will exclude from my search the PROJECTNAME-issueKeynum, however, I have multiple issueKey to exclude. So I tried;

(issuekey != 'PROJECTNAME-issueKeynum1','PROJECTNAME-issueKeynum2')

no luck. I tried with double quotes, with "not in" operator instead of !=, searched online but hey, I'm pretty new to SQL or JQL should I say. Thanks in advance for the help.

Daniel Balogh November 27, 2018

would this work for you?

issuekey not in( key1, key2)

BR,

Daniel

Like # people like this

I've learned something today;

project = PROJECTNAME AND issuetype = Test AND status in (Done, TODO) AND text ~ "string" AND (key !=('PROJECTNAME-issueKeynum1','PROJECTNAME-issueKeynum2')) ORDER BY status DESC, created DESC

...will output:

Operator '!=' does not support the list value '("PROJECTNAME-issueKeynum1", "PROJECTNAME-issueKeynum2")' for field 'key'. 

Given that;

project = PROJECTNAME AND issuetype = Test AND status in (Done, TODO) AND text ~ "string" AND issuekey not in ('PROJECTNAME-issueKeynum1','PROJECTNAME-issueKeynum2') ORDER BY status DESC, created DESC

...will work. Why !? Cause the != operator doesn't support list value as it's said above. "not in" will. Pretty well explained here: Advanced searching - operators reference

Thanks for that amazingly fast help @Daniel Balogh

Like IggyNelix likes this

Well, I've learned something today;

project = PROJECTNAME AND issuetype = Test AND status in (Done, TODO) AND text ~ "string" AND (key !=('PROJECTNAME-issueKeynum1','PROJECTNAME-issueKeynum2')) ORDER BY status DESC, created DESC

...will output:

Operator '!=' does not support the list value '("PROJECTNAME-issueKeynum1", "PROJECTNAME-issueKeynum2")' for field 'key'.

Given that;

project = PROJECTNAME AND issuetype = Test AND status in (Done, TODO) AND text ~ "string" AND issuekey not in ('PROJECTNAME-issueKeynum1','PROJECTNAME-issueKeynum2') ORDER BY status DESC, created DESC

...will work. Why !? Cause the != operator doesn't support list value as it's said above. "not in" will. Pretty well explained here: Advanced searching - operators reference

Thanks for that amazingly fast help @Daniel Balogh

Daniel Balogh November 27, 2018

Glad could help :)

Shubham Karwa February 9, 2019

@Nithin Balachandran The provided solution works :)

Vinit Patankar April 1, 2019

For a Range of Issues as Steven Behmke mentioned a Range via Greater than and Less than works.

For me Key > {ProjectName}-34 and Key < {Projectname}-49 worked. Make sure no spaces.

Matt Campion October 1, 2019

This worked well for my "Key in (XXX, XXX, XXX)"

Thanks.

Like Ilya Radchenko likes this
Giulyanna Loureiro December 9, 2020

Thanks, it worked, but it changed the order I added them in so it takes me a while to sort. Any ideas on how to make it stick to the order I have in my brackets?

Daniel Balogh December 9, 2020

could

issuekey in (xxx, yyy, zzz) ORDER BY issuekey

help you?

issuekey in (xxx, yyy, zzz) ORDER BY issuekey ASC for ascending

issuekey in (xxx, yyy, zzz) ORDER BY issuekey DESC for descending order

2 votes
Shubham Karwa February 9, 2019

If one has list of issue keys and needs to search multiple issue keys then simply enter below given query in advanced search. 

Syntax: issueKey in (TEST-1,TEST-2,TEST-3)

Note: Please replace 'TEST-1,TEST-2,TEST-3' with your issuey keys.

Example: issueKey in (CASE-2457, CASE-1097, CASE-3292)

0 votes
Josh Yorko May 7, 2021

status not in (DONE, Canceled)

Suggest an answer